Are you unable to unlock an iPhone without using a password? Don’t panic out even if you’re at your wit’s end. You might fall into trouble if you don’t remember the right passcode, have failed attempts to enter the right passcode, or have just bought a second-hand iPhone locked with a passcode. No matter what the case is, the situation isn’t pleasing.
Thankfully, there are several ways to unlock an iPhone without damaging the device but you might end up losing your valuable data. In this guide, we will cover two basic solutions to help you unlock your iPhone without a passcode.
The first method involves using the Find My feature on the iPhone itself. The second method makes use of third-party software. Let’s get started.
Before proceeding, note that both these methods will ERASE ALL THE DATA stored on your iOS device and move the device back to its original state.
Using Find My iPhone
The iPhone is equipped with various security options that ensure your information is kept safe at all times. For example, Find My iPhone helps you track your device if it gets lost or stolen. You can use this feature to remotely locate your iPhone on a map and carry out certain actions.
Find My iPhone can locate misplaced Apple devices and keeps track of the whereabouts of family members. You can use it to wipe your device and destroy all your data, including your iPhone screen passcode.
Note: You can either use the Find My app on someone else’s iPhone or visit iCloud.com/find on a computer to unlock your phone.
Next, follow the steps below.
- Visit icloud.com on any device that is currently accessible (PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone).
- Sign in to iCloud using the Apple ID and password associated with the locked iPhone.
- After signing into your iCloud account, go to Find iPhone.
- Select your iPhone from the All Devices drop-down menu.
- To confirm the deletion of your iPhone, tap Erase iPhone and enter your Apple ID password.
- Following the completion of the delete operation, your iPhone will restart. Apple’s iCloud or iTunes will allow you to restore your iPhone backup (if you have one).
Although using this feature is easy and handy, there are some limitations one should be aware of. It is impossible to unlock the iPhone passcode using Find My if you do not meet the below prerequisites.
Limitations of ‘Find My iPhone’
Before you attempt it, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Your locked iPhone must be connected to the internet through an active network connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data).
- The Find My option on your locked iPhone must be activated at the time of the lock.
- Your iCloud account must be linked to your locked iPhone for this to work.
- You must know the Apple ID and password associated with your locked iPhone.
AnyUnlock iPhone Password Unlocker is a paid software, available for both Windows and Mac. You can download its limited free version and try it out! In addition to the standard 4-digit or 6-digit numeric code, it supports the removal of custom numeric codes and alphanumeric codes, Touch ID, or Face ID authentication.
The program lets you get rid of several restrictions including the ability to remove the password from the locked screen, remove Apple ID, bypass Remote MDM, remove Local MDM, and circumvent screen time passcode.
You can also access encrypted iTunes backup so that everything can be restored from the backup. AnyUnlock also assists in managing passwords stored on your iOS device by allowing you to export them to an external password manager app.
AnyUnlock should relieve you of all the restrictions that Find My iPhone would impose. And as long as the locked iPhone runs a compatible iOS version (iOS 7 and later), there is a high chance of success.
- The Unlock Screen Passcode mode will erase all the data on the device. But you can restore your iPhone from backup if you have a previous iTunes or iCloud backup.
- If Find My iPhone is turned on (on your device), you need to log in to your iCloud account to set up the device after unlocking.
How to Delete iOS passcode and replace it with a new one
- Launch AnyUnlock on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable.
- In AnyUnlock, choose Unlock Screen Passcode and wait for your device to be detected.
- Put your iPhone or iPad into Recovery Mode (steps shown on the screen).
- Click on Download to get the most recent iOS firmware package for your device.
- After the download is complete, click the Unlock Now option to begin the unlocking process. The firmware image you downloaded will be flashed onto your device.
That’s it. A few reboots may happen before you can set up your device with a new passcode. To do so, follow the on-screen instructions on your iOS device.
The above-listed methods can easily unlock an iPhone without a password. Meanwhile, AnyUnlock seems an apt solution since it is compatible with the majority of popular iOS versions and all types of iPhones and other iOS-enabled devices.