If you are using Windows or Mac computer, at a certain point you have faced USB not working issue. This issue can happen anytime you insert any headset, USB flash drive, printer and even if you connect your smartphone using the USB cable with your PC. Universal Serial Bus is also known as USB is mainly designed for connecting all the devices universally.
Although USB port not working windows 7 issue may be depending on the hardware as well as software failure. Even the Windows operating system and Mac OS are different, but you can still face a similar error on your PC due to the similar issue. Nowadays most of the devices available for connecting via USB, so it is a serious issue to have an error on your USB.
Guide for Fixing the USB not working Issue on Windows PC
These are the guidelines for fixing USB port not working windows 7. Read the instructions carefully before applying the changes to your Windows PC.
- The first thing you need to try on your Windows PC is by restarting it. In case your USB port is malfunctioning then restarting your PC is the easiest fix you can find. After you have restarted your Windows PC, insert the USB device to check it is working or not.
- In case the above step does not resolve the issue, then you need to physically check the USB port. As in most of the cases USB not working windows 10 is likely to you have dust or any debris. If the USB ports are not clean enough, then you need to use blowing air or any other means to clean the USB port.
- Even if the above steps do not solve the issue, then you need to insert a different USB device on your Windows PC. It is more likely that your USB devices have been an error of failures to get connected to your Windows PC. In any case, this happens when your USB device is corrupted, you can even try different USB ports by inserting your USB device in them. It is more likely that the USB port is having any failure.
- If you are using the USB cable to connect devices to your Windows PC, then you should try changing the USB cable. in case changing the USB cable gets you connected with the Windows PC, then the issue was the USB cable error.
- If you have completed all the steps mentioned above, then you can try inserting the USB devices in different Windows PC. If the devices get connected to different Windows PC, then you are definitely having a USB port problem which needs to be fixed right away.
- You can also use the device manager in Windows PC for fixing the USB port error. To do so first you need to right-click on the start button and select the run option. Then on the run dialogue box, type devmgmt.MSC and click on the ok button in order to open the device manager. now you need to right-click on the computer name and select the scan for hardware changes. After the scanning is completed, check that your USB device is working again or not.
- You can also try a different method using the device manager. You need to right-click on the start button and select the run option. On the run dialogue box, type devmgmt.MSc and click on ok button. After the device manager opens up you need to locate the universal serial bus controller list. Right-click on each and every USB and click on uninstall. After each and every USB has been uninstalled restart your Windows PC and check your USB port.
Guide for Fixing the USB not working issue on Mac Computer
Use these following guidelines for fixing USB not working mac computer. Read the complete instructions carefully before applying any changes to your Mac computer.
- You need to reset your Mac computer system management controller to fix the USB problem. To do so you need to shut down your computer and plug in the power adaptor. Now press and hold shift + control + option and then you need to press the power button. Now release all the buttons at the same time and wait for the Mac computer to boot up. By this process the system management controller will get reset and check for the USB ports are working or not.
Words About USB not working mac
USB, not working mac error can be a massive issue for PC users, as most of the devices and now using the USB port to get connected. We have collected various information about the USB port as well as USB not working error from the Windows and Mac community as well as from the active users and posted them in this article for you. We have listed to separate guidelines for fixing the USB not working error for both Windows PC and Mac computer. Share this informative article with others, so that they get to fix the USB not working error on their computer.